Friday, 7 February 2014

Huge Boots haul



Hi all! So I went to Boots at the weekend and, of course, I came out with much more than I intended (Only went for shampoo and conditioner). Boots is definitely my favourite beauty shop,especially the huge one near where I live- it's like a time warp going in there. So yes, here is all the unnecessary (but totally worth it) stuff I picked up:

Ojon damage reverse restorative hair treatment
I got this tiny pot of the Ojon treatment after getting fed up of my hair feeling dry and damaged. As I am trying to grow it I feel I need to be extra kind to it. I wasn't expecting to be this kind, at £18 for 50ml I am expecting something really special. I tried this the night I got home, I will do a full review once I have used it a few more times. First impressions though I love the smell, the girl in Boots got me to smell it before I bought it as it is really a love or hate smell, with most online reviews saying hate. If I had to describe it, it is a kind of burnt/smoky nutty salted caramel, I found it smelt more smoky when I applied it but after washing out I couldn't smell a thing. I used 1 and a half teaspoons on the lengths and ends of my long, thick curly hair so for most a teaspoon would suffice. Putting on a treatment before shampooing is something I need to get used to though.

Benefit see and be seen Sasha perfume
This was a late christmas present from my mum as she wanted me to pick out the perfume I wanted, but as it was the same time I thought I'd include it. I am rubbish at describing smells but on the Benefit website it says 'Top notes: orange flower absolute, apricot, pink freesia Middle notes: ylang ylang, tiare flower, white peony, jasmine sambac Base notes: crystal amber, liquid musk, vanilla'. Wow. It is a very pretty floral scent, it smells warm if that makes sense. I like how it is strong enough to last on the skin but not overpowering. 


Philosophy Fruitcake mix tin
I saw these philosophy goodies on my way out and just had to pop back in and buy them, I can't resist philosophy products, I have loved everything I have ever tried. This set was £12 reduced from £24 and has a mini vanilla cake mix shampoo/shower gel/bubble bath which smells sweet and vanilla-y and basically just lovely for winter evenings. There is also my favourite part of the set: Candied pecan salt scrub. This smells like a maple and pecan pastry twist you get from coffee shops/bakeries, it is just divine. The tub is small but the scrub is really tightly packed (I use a teaspoon to get it out) and feels like it will last for ages. Lastly there is the cranberry medley body lotion, that I was initially really unexcited about but I thought I would probably find a use for it. I proved myself completely wrong, it smells so nice, fresh but sweet and makes such a nice hand cream as it is thick and very moisturising.

Philosophy granny's apple pie shampoo,shower gel and bubble bath
Another last minute purchase, at £7 down from £14 I couldn't help myself. I almost always get one of these for christmas from my family (Last year mojito, year before that coconut) but this year I didn't so I felt I should treat myself to one instead. It is a huge bottle and will last for ages, it smells warm and sweet and fresh, exactly like a really good home made apple pie. As I couldn't smell these in the shop I was torn between this and sweet fluffy cupcake, in the end I decided I would be more likely to like this one, but I wish I had got both now!

Vaseline Spray and Go body moisturiser cocoa radiant
I have seen these everywhere so when I saw this on offer in Boots it just slipped into my basket... I love the idea as sometimes I just can't be bothered to moisturise, especially in the morning. First impressions of this are it smells nice, very much like any other cocoa butter scent, and it has a thin consistency, which helps it to be really light and sink in quickly. At the moment I think my skin needs too much winter tlc for this but come summer I think this will be great and I will use it everyday.

Pantene hair expert Keratin Repair masque
I got this on an impulse as I walked past, I was in need of a new conditioning masque and the claim it removes '2 years of damage in 2 minutes' sounded very good. After one use it feels and smells nice and I think it is doing good to my hair, but I feel I need to use it more first.

Pantene Prov smooth and sleek shampoo and conditioner
I always like to mix it up with shampoo and conditioner and generally get anything that smooths and prevents frizz (and has a good offer on!). I tend to jump between this, Aussie frizz miracle and John Frieda frizz-ease. These were two for £5 I think so I decided to try them. They are both good and I especially like the shampoo as it doesn't contain silicones and is light and doesn't weigh the hair down - personally this doesn't matter to me but if you have thinner hair then this would be a really good option I think.

Boots own brand shower hat
I needed a new shower hat as the elastic had gone on my old Body Shop one. This wasn't too expensive and the elastic feels really good, I can fit all my hair in which is a plus.

I hope you enjoyed reading this, please leave a comment.
Hazel x

3 comments:

  1. I also go to Boots all the time, but I never noticed any of these products. I am quite interested to read about them. Good review.
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Hazel, I nominated you for the Liebster award, go check it out daisyblueblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the liebster award. Check my blog for more info
    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete